We are pleased to offer Early Bird pricing for the upcoming 2016 New York State Family History Conference, to be held in Syacuse, New York September 15 through September 17, through May 30, 2016. We will be holding our conference concurrently with the annual conference of the Association for Public Historians of New York State. Registrants to the NYSFHC conference will be able to attend lectures and field trips organized by APHNYS, and APHNYS members will be able to attend NYSFHC lectures!
Download the 2016 NYSFHC Conference schedule here!
Click here for the APHNYS Conference schedule.
Conference rates are as follows:
Conference Registration (2 1/2 days):
- Regular (non-member) rate $150 / NYG&B and CNYGS members $125.
This year we are pleased to provide two pre-conference workshops, to be held on Thursday, September 15, 2016, from 9:30am - Noon. The cost for each workshop is $30 and will be limited to 30 attendees. The workshops are:
- New York State Records Online: A Hands-on Workshop to demonstrate where to find records and how to search free and subscription websites, taught by Susan R. Miller and Heather Hoffman of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society. Sold Out! To add your name to the waitlist, please e-mail Sue Miller.
- Civil War Research at the National Archives: Union and Confederate, taught by Bruce Frail, President, American Civil War Ancestor.
"Using case studies and audience interaction, this workshop will demonstrate how to navigate through the abundance of records both at the National Archives and other repositories. Topics will include how census records lead to Muster Rolls and pension records for soldiers and naval ancestors. Using a case study of a soldier and one of a sailor the differences in records and their locations will be illuminated. Whether you choose to order documents through NARA, perform the research yourself, or hire a professional researcher, learn how to interpret these records to set a course for success. Those attending this workshop may opt to order records from ACW Ancestor in advance, one (1) will be used as the soldiers case study and one (1) as the naval case study, the others can be used as your research materials during the hands-on portion of this workshop. If you choose not to order records, you will be provided veterans records to research during this portion of the workshop. Contact Bruce at email@example.com to learn about the discounted rate for these records, please mention you are taking this workshop as the discount only applies to attendees of the workshop."
Breakfast for Friday and Saturday cost $25, and can be purchased individually.
Lunch and lectures for Friday and Saturday cost $32, and can be purchased individually.
The Friday Dinner and Lecture costs $45, and can be purchased individually.
The Association for Public Historians of New York State is planning a choice of two field trips scheduled for Friday afternoon, running from 1:45 - 4:15pm. The cost for each field trip is $30. NYSFHC members are welcome to participate:
- Tour 1: The first tour will be a guided tour at the Skanonh Lodge Great Law of Peace Center is a Haudenosaunee Heritage Center focused on telling the story of native peoples of central New York through the lens of the Onondaga Nation. The heritage center covers creation, European Contact, the Great Law of Peace and more. The Great Law of Peace Center was opened in 2015 at the former Sainte Marie Among the Iroquois and should be a wonderful learning experience.
- Tour 2: A guided tour at the Erie Canal Heritage Park at Port Byron, scheduled to open early summer 2016, will be a highlight for any attendee. The tour will feature a number of sites formerly tied to the Erie Canal including a Tavern/Boarding House, Mulebarn, blacksmith shop and of course lock 52. If completed the Visitors Center will also be available for viewing (Currently the center is scheduled to open July 2016).
To sign up for a field trip, please visit the APHNYS website.
A conference syllabus will be provided to all attendees on a flash drive. A printed syllabus may be purchased for $25.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be provided if notice is received by August 15, 2016, minus $25 service charge.
Click here to register by mail.
You may also register via PayPal below.